Becoming an entrepreneur in Newfoundland and Labrador!
Apply now for a chance to join the entrepreneurship ecosystem here in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada: Learn how to become your own boss, then become someone else’s!
If your application to join our student cohort is successful, you will be provided with tailored and expert support throughout your studies in Newfoundland and Labrador, employing the lessons of the Study & Stay™ and our many specialized career-oriented and entrepreneurship programs, unique to the context of our amazing province and post-secondary education system.
Our supports and best practice will provide you with the tools and networks you need to start your own company here in our province, and to apply for Permanent Residency under the International Graduate Entrepreneur category of the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program.
Students who successfully gain entry to the program will:
- Be automatically enrolled in the national award-winning Entrepreneurship Training Program.
- Develop an understanding of the burgeoning entrepreneurship ecosystem of the province.
- Acquire new skills, such as problem solving and design learning, the lean start-up methodology, sales, marketing and financial planning.
- Nurture connections with local entrepreneurs and mentors.
- Understand funding sources and the full scope of the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Learn about the International Graduate Entrepreneur category of the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program.
- Attend a two-day cohort retreat with peers across the province to brainstorm entrepreneurial ideas and learn about the opportunities and challenges of different regions of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Attend an annual Building Employment and Successful Transitions (BEST) Conference to continually build on students’ competencies and enlarge students’ professional networks
- Gain an understanding of one’s own entrepreneurship potential through assessments and self-reflection
- Develop social networks and build intercultural awareness through participation in, and reflection on events, activities, and volunteer experiences on campus or in the community;
- Compete for specifically targeted start-up seed funding.
Am I eligible?
- Are you hoping to stay in Newfoundland and Labrador after you graduate?
- Are you an international student currently studying full-time at Memorial University of Newfoundland or College of the North Atlantic?
- Are you in good academic standing?
- Do you have an idea for a start-up that would succeed in Newfoundland and Labrador?
How do I apply?
Complete and submit the attached electronic application packet [TBA]
If you require any additional information about the Study and Stay™️ to become an entrepreneur in Newfoundland and Labrador, please contact: Zach Wheeler (firstname.lastname@example.org)